Seakayak Zacate River (Finca el Cayo 1/2 day)
Enjoy the wetland forest in the Zacate River delta located about 40 min. From La Ceiba in the vicinity of the Cuero y Salado Wildlife Refuge. From Pico Bonito Lodge it takes us about 25 minutes to get to the pier. This tour allows us to paddle our seakayaks for two and a half hours down the Zacate River and through channels covered with primary vegetation through wetlands. During the journey we can easily observe olingo or white-faced monkeys and colorful waterfowl such as bujajas, white herons and kingfishers among others. We will take a break at La Finca El Cayo located about 5 minutes from the beach and where we will have our snack and enjoy a refreshing coconut water. We recommend wearing sandals or reef shoes to swim in the sea since the bed is rocky. Your guide will give some basic instructions for handling the kayaks before starting the tour.
Tour Duration: 2.5 hrs.
Departure Hours: 8:00 a 1:00 and de1:30 a 6:30 from La Ceiba
Mínimo: 2 pers. Min. 10 personas max
The Services include:
• Transportation of participants to Rio Sacate from their hotel in La Ceiba
• Fruits, cookies, chips, juice and purified water.
• Bilingual Guide
• Double and single seakayaks, and canoe Triple canoe, waterproof bags, oars and life jackets.
• Poncho or waterproof jacket
• Shorts, swimsuit and extra dry clothes
• Bottle with water
• Repellent and sunscreen,
• Hat or caps
• Travel, evacuation, illness and accident insurance
• Free insurance 504 assist.com. For participants arriving by plane Please register online to obtain the benefit of the insurance.
• Signature of Release or Waiver at the beginning (release of responsibility)