Hiking Pico Bonito Cascada El Bejuco (1/2 day)
This walk takes us through very varied landscapes that include several waterfalls, primary tropical rain forest and spectacular views of the mountains. At the beginning of the trail we will cross a suspension bridge from where we will have spectacular views of the Cangrejal River and the surrounding mountains. The traveler must have good physical conditions since we will climb up to 400 meters above sea level along a path that gradually ascends on the slope. Normally it takes us 3 to 4 hours round trip from the Visitor Center.
The goal of the tour is a waterfall almost 120 meters high where we can cool off. There is also the option of taking a shorter route by returning via the Sendero el Mapache or returning via the same entrance path.
La fauna más común está compuesta por aves como el tucancillo, tucán común, pájaros carpinteros, guardabarrancos, trogones, y colibríes entre otros. Con suerte podemos encontrar algunos mamíferos como pisotes, tairas, monos capuchinos y monos arañas.
OPTION TO WALK THE ENTIRE DAY going up to the top of the waterfall with the best panoramic views at a height of approx. 600 meters above sea level through pristine tropical forest.
Departure Hours 8:00 am to 1:00pm desde La Ceiba
Personas: Min. 2 pax Max. 12 pax
The Services include:
• First Aid Kit,
• Bilingual naturalist guide,
• Entrance to the Park,
• Snack: Fruit, natural fresh.
• Walking boots or sneakers with traction
• T-shirt, light pants, swimsuit, waterproof jacket or
• Camera, Binoculars, Plastic Bag to protect
securities and small backpack.
• Bottle with water
• Travel, evacuation, illness and accident insurance
• Free insurance 504assist.com. For participants arriving in
foreign plane. Please register online to get the
• Signature of Release or Waiver at the beginning (release of responsibility)